Demonstrates concurrent and non concurrent coplanar forces. Allows students to construct force polygons and understand conditions for equilibrium.
For use with the Work Panel (STF1), the kit allows several experiments with forces pulling on one or more points at different angles.
Students or teachers fit the magnetic parts of the kit to the Work Panel (STF1) to study or demonstrate three coplanar concurrent forces (triangle of forces) or more (force polygons).
The kit uses masses, hooks, pulleys and cords to apply forces on a single point (concurrent). Students may also set it to apply forces to two points (non-concurrent). Students measure the forces at equilibrium and compare with theoretical values. The kit introduces ‘Bow’s Notation’ and the drawing method of finding the forces.
The versatility of the kit means that you can set up to five forces at any angles, using its cords, rings, magnetic mounts, magnetic protractors, pulleys, weights and a spring balance.
TecQuipment supplies each kit with a fully illustrated user guide containing theory, experiments and typical results.
- One of a series of kits for experiments in statics fundamentals topics
- Fits to the Work Panel (STF1) for a complete range of experiments that explore three or more coplanar forces in equilibrium
- Hands-on approach for improved understanding
- Highly visual and robust – ideal for classroom demonstrations and for use by small groups of students
- Magnetic bases allow accurate and easy positioning of the experiment’s parts
- Supplied in a hard-wearing storage tray
- Includes a fully illustrated user guide
- Concurrent and non–concurrent coplanar forces
- An introduction to Bow’s Notation and graphical analysis
- Force triangles, polygons and Link polygons