The Industry 4.0 Mechatronics (mMS 4.0) training system is a complete Industry 4.0 system in miniature for universities and educational institutions, supporting the next generation of engineers. For mechatronics training or further education, the training system, conveys pioneering Industry 4.0 technologies in an intuitive and practical manner.
mMS 4.0 incorporates all of the functions of a complete production system. Consisting of three single stations, its modular design allows for complete flexibility adapting to individual needs appropriate for every learning path, both in academic and industry environments.
The system addresses a real-life cube assembly, from the removal out of a rack to processing with a pressing machine and through to storage in the high-bay warehouse.
Assembled from standard components, mMS 4.0 is completely interconnected and programmable via bus systems and extensively secured. Cells can be flexibly added to the system, such as with a 6 axis robot. The system can also be integrated with Bosch Collaborative Robotics and be connected with the PPM (Production Performance Manager) software.
The entire system or individual stations are shipped fully assembled, installed, and programmed. You can get started right away.
The Bosch Rexroth Drive & Control Academy supports instructors and universities by providing training courses, training systems and modern media on the topic of Industry 4.0. The academy supports customized education and training, as well as the certification of technical experts. Participants could choose to be trained in Germany, England, Mexico, India – and many other Bosch Authorized Training Centers around the world.
Your benefits with mMS 4.0:
Original standard components from industry
- DC motors
- Servo motors
- Control technology: relay, PLC, motion control, CNC
- Linear motion technology
- Pneumatic drives
- Hydraulic drive (optional)
- Sensor technology and RFID
- Cartesian robot or 3-axis CNC
- Standard machine control panel
- Fieldbus and Ethernet communication
Modular, scalable training system Ì from single module to full plant
Industry 4.0 integrated
- HMI: Human Machine Interface
- RFID: Radio Frequency Identification
- Open Core Engineering from Rexroth: winner of the Hermes Award
Various programming options
- PLC programming (according to IEC 61131-3):
– Instruction List (IL)
– Structured Text (ST)
– Sequential Function Chart (SFC)
– Function Block Diagram (FBD, STL)
– Ladder Diagram (LD)
– Continuous Function Chart Editor (CFC)
- Open Core Engineering
– Java (APP)
– C/C /C#
– Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
– Matlab/ Simulink
- Operation with smart devices via Wi-Fi possible, e.g. tablet, smartphone, etc.
- One controller to handle the functions of a PLC and CNC.
- Free CNC software support for programming
- Optional expansion with different PLC systems
- Integrated machinery safety and expandable functions
The modular Mechatronics System (mMS) – without Industry 4.0 technology Ì is also available for teaching Automation Technology as an affordable alternative to i4.0. The mMS comprises of all drive, control and movement technologies such as pneumatics, hydraulics, electric drives, linear technology, sensor technology, control technology, PLC programming or BUS technology. It is noteworthy to mention that the mMS system is upgradable to i4.0.