Erides Refrigeration Trainer for Education
The equipment is composed of a transparent unit edged with anodised aluminium and elevated on feet.
The transparent walls allow visibility on all sides whilst protecting both the equipment and its users.
Once plugged in and connected to the water input and output, the machine works automatically.
The visible condensation and evaporation allow for the understanding of the cycle processes.
Once the machine has reached steady state, measurements can be taken and can be used even after the machine has been turned off.
The fluid used is R134a which is universally accepted by the new European regulation.
The regulation is controlled by a thermostatic expansion valve of equalized internal pressure.
The unit allows for measurement of flow rate, pressure, temperature and more, depending on the option chosen.
The fluid enthalpy chart is transposed onto a transparency at the centre of the unit allowing for rapid analysis of the fluid state parameters at any given point.
“All of the students that have the opportunity to see the [Eridès] Refrigeration Trainer in operation and do their lab report based on readings really get a lot out of it. Interesting to note: Our refrigeration tech was fascinated by the unit. He is a very experienced technician, and he was simply amazed at seeing the thermodynamic cycle in action. Typically, refrigeration technicians follow pressure and temperature readings, and gauging from his reaction, they most times give little thought to the phase changes that take place inside the guts of the unit.”
CCNB Campus de Bathurst
OPTION DATAS ACQUISITION Ref. MCFC 10_ACQ
– Operation mode still possible in local (parameters display)
– Addition of pressure sensors, temperature probes and analogic flowmeters
– Addition of wattmeter displaying consumed compressor power in Watt
– Acquisition cards and software on Labview
– USB connection
|OPTION SELF – MOBILE Ref. MCFC 10_AUT
– Aluminium frame for supporting the equipment
– 4 self directional castors with breake
– 100 liters tank with drain valve
– Submersible pump
– With this option, no connection to water network and waste is needed
|OPTION REAL-TIME REFRIGARATING CYCLE PLOT Ref. MCFC 10_LOG
– Addition of extra pressure and temperature sensors
– Acquisition of pressure and temperature measurements needed for cycle plot on PC
– Software for real-time refrigerating cycle plot
– USB connection
|OPTION WATTMETER Ref. MCFC 10_WAT
– Addition of a wattmeter displaying consumed compressor power in Watt