Study two solid-liquid extraction methods: extraction in a fixed bed and in suspension
The Solid-liquid extraction is a unit operation which entails extracting a compound (solute) from a solid phase using a liquid (solvent), producing a solution enriched in solute (extract) and a depleted solid phase (residue).
- Theoretical study of solid-liquid extraction processes:
• Extraction in suspension.
• Extraction by immersion.
• Vapour extraction.
- Study factors influencing extraction:
• Nature of solute and solvent.
• Temperature and stirring of medium.
- Experimental study:
• Extraction of chlorophyll in aqueous medium.
• Extraction of lavender by washing out with steam.
• Percolation of coffee.
• Extraction of plant extract with an organic solvent.
- SS ND 200 jacketed tank, no dead volume draining valve, plexiglass protection panel of the tank.
- Glass lid including 7 connections, for ND 50 column inlet, stirring, loading hatch by ND 50 clamp, temperature probe, three available tubes.
- Variable speed stirring, Ex engine with mechanical regulator 25 to 125 rpm, shaft and three-paddle helix, SS, diameter of the shaft 14 mm, tightness by mechanical packing.
- Traverse, rack and crank for vertical displacement of the tank. Draining by tilting of the tank.
- ND 50 glass distillation column, length : 650 mm, Mutiknit stainless steel packing.
- Reflux divider with solenoid valve and temperature probe.
- Glass shell condenser, SS coil and safety thermostat.
- Distillate refrigerant: glass shell and coil.
- Glass receiver, graduated, 10 L, draining valves.
- Soxhlet type extractor, 3 L, removable basket with polymer bag, temperature probe, draining valve.
- Setting crosshead, vent valve, take off valves.
- Steam circuitry. Isolating valve, reducing valve, setting valve, manometer, jacketed feeding valve, steam purger, injection isolating valve, setting valve, pressure gauge, relief valve, dip tube.
For a complete product data sheet please call 1-877-967-2726.