Our Rotary Motion Sensor may be the most useful sensor in physics! Use it to study optics, dynamics, centripetal force, motion of a pendulum and many other topics. Measures position, velocity and acceleration (angular and linear) with incredible (0.09 º) resolution and accuracy. Higher maximum spin rate (30 rev/sec) allows students to perform a full range of motion experiments.
- Measures magnitude and direction of motion.
- Ball bearings minimize friction and provide mechanical support to rotating objects.
- Three-step pulley (10, 29 and 48 mm diameter)
- Rod clamp for mounting in almost any orientation
- Verify conservation of angular momentum
- Calculate rotational inertia of disk ring and point mass
- Measure displacement velocity and acceleration of a cart on a track
- Conduct quantitative analysis of simple harmonic motion
- Measure acceleration of a cart caused by a mass hung over a pulley
|Maximum rotation rate||