The 2-axis Force Platform has a second plate which rides on rollers on the base force platform to measure the force parallel to the platform. There are a total of 5 force beams: 4 corner beams to measure the normal force and a fifth beam to measure the parallel (sideways) force.
The 2-axis Force Platform has two loops on the side to hang it on a wall. Also available is the Force Platform Handle Set (PS-2548) which allows rugged handles to be mounted on either side (or both sides) of the Force Platform..
The 2-Axis Force Platform was developed in cooperation with Nancy Beverly, Assistant Professor of Physics at Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, New York.
- Measure the sideways force during a broad jump
- Measure the normal and parallel forces on a wall as a ladder leans against the wall
- Measure the normal and parallel forces as a person walks or runs across the platform
- Measure the normal force on a person riding in an elevator
- Pull an object across the platform and measure the normal and frictional forces
|Zero (tare) Function||
|Max Sample Rate||
|Force Overload Protection||