Mechanical Wave Driver
Wave Drivers have a basic function; to provide variable-frequency, variable-amplitude mechanical vibrations for the lab. This simple function has endless applications:
- Driving waves on strings and wires
- Vibration modes of plates (Chladni)
- Resonances of wire loops (Bohr atom model)
- Vibration modes of springs
- Resonance of anything that vibrates.
Powering the Wave Driver:
Different PASCO products can be used to power the Wave Driver: the Digital Function Generator; or the Power Amplifier combined with a PASCO Interface.
- Frequency Response: From 0.1 to 5000 Hz with an amplitude of approximately 5 mm up to about 50 Hz.
- Mounts Vertically or Horizontally: Designed to sit upright on a table, on its side or mounted on a 12.7 mm (1/2 inch) rod.
- Driving Signal Required: Requires a function generator with a minimum of ±8 V@0.5 A. An accurate measurement of frequency is necessary for quantitative resonance experiments.
- A Variety of Accessories Available.