The Wireless Load Cell and Accelerometer is designed for use with all PASCO Structures Systems, and is included in the Building Better Bridges Kit.
While it does not have the high resolution of the wired load cells, the Wireless Load Cell can be used for most structures related activities. It’s wireless nature and the added accelerometer also make it ideal for studying the oscillations of structures. Because it does not require an interface or amplifier, the Wireless Load Cell also represents a great value.
A key component of the Building Better Bridges Kit, the Wireless Load Cell and Accelerometer is easy-to-use for younger learners as well, making it ideal for a STEM approach to basic bridge mechanics and structure building.
The Wireless Load Cell and Accelerometer (PS-3216) is an accessory for the:
- Basic studies of tension and compression in structures (as part of the Building Better Bridges Kit)
- Investigating static and dynamic loading
- Observing forces and acceleration present in structures
- Discovering the resonant modes of structures when driven
- An integral part of our bridge building module
- Low cost
- Built in accelerometer measures accelerations in three dimensions plus the resultant
- No wires, making it easier than ever to integrate into structures beams