Study of the characteristics of a centrifugal pump and coupling two pumps in series/parallel
- Coupling two pumps in series / parallel
In industrial installations, fluid transport / flow in pipes, reactors, and filters, etc. require energy transferred to the fluid. This energy is supplied by pumps which enable the different pressure losses in the circuit to be overcome. Choosing the right pump and right pump technology is therefore essential. The main objective of this pump study bench is to familiarize the operator with the various notions associated with using a centrifugal pump, and more particularly that of pressure (head) available at the pump output.
Study of the two self-contained centrifugal pumps in suction operation:
- Plot the characteristic graph at various speeds
- Observe cavitation
- Determine yield electrical consumption/hydraulic power
Study of the pump coupling methods:
- Coupling in series
- Coupling in parallel
Study a motor pump assembly in suction operation (optional)
- Determination of characteristic TDH (total dynamic head) graphs against flow rate
- Determination of yields (electrical consumption/motor torque/hydraulic power)
- 150 L PE tank with removable lid and draining valve.
- SS centrifugal pump: measurement of the power consumed and variable speed.
- SS centrifugal pump and transparent flange.
- Serial coupling selection valve.
- Vacuum Gauges.
- 2 flowmeters.
- Vacuum gauges.
Dim : 210 x 70 x 225 cm – 150 kg
For a complete product data sheet and a list of reference sites please call 1-877-967-2726.