An experimental module for use with the AF10 Air Flow Bench (not included) to investigate the effect of a jet attaching to an adjacent wall examining the Coanda effect evaluation of attachment & separation and demonstration of a fluidic switch/flip-flop (fluidics).
This module consists of an aerodynamically shaped nozzle from which a jet of air emerges. This flows against a wall to which it attaches. The wall may be rotated to show the deflection of the jet through large angles due to the Coandă effect.
A second wall may be introduced at the other side of the jet, which may be switched from one side to the other, as is done in a fluidic flip-flop type switch. The effect of sealing the walls and adding a central splitter to the device are also investigated.
- One of a series of eight experiment modules that fi ts to the Modular Air Flow Bench (AF10)
- Shows an example of how the phenomena of fluid mechanics can be exploited to perform a useful task – a fluidic flip-fl op
- Toggle clamp connections to the Modular Air Flow Bench contraction for quick and easy fitment
- Transparent fronted test duct with clearly printed scales allows the experiment to be clearly seen and components accurately positioned
- Effectively demonstrates the Coandă effect
- Demonstration of the Coanda effect.
- Demonstration of the fluidic flip-flop.