Demonstrates the forces, moments and reactions of a rigid beam.
For use with the Work Panel (STF1), the kit allows several experiments with a rigid beam.
Students or teachers fit the magnetic parts of the kit to the Work Panel (STF1) to study or demonstrate forces, moments and reaction forces around a rigid beam at equilibrium.
The kit uses masses, magnetic mounts and spring balances to apply forces to a rigid beam. Students measure the forces around the beam at equilibrium and compare with theoretical values found from theory of moments and equilibrium.
The versatility of the kit means that you can set up several different ways of supporting the beam, including simply supported or balanced.
TecQuipment supplies each kit with a fully illustrated user guide containing theory, experiments and typical results.
- One of a series of kits for experiments in statics fundamentals topics
- Fits to the Work Panel (STF1) for a complete range of experiments that explore the forces, moments and reactions around a rigid beam at equilibrium
- Hands-on approach for improved understanding
- Highly visual and robust – ideal for classroom demonstrations and for use by small groups of students
- Magnetic bases allow accurate and easy positioning of the experiment’s parts
- Supplied in a hard-wearing storage tray
- Includes a fully illustrated user guide
- Using moments and the theory of equilibrium to find beam reaction and other unknown forces
- Simply-supported beams
- Balanced beams