Practical demonstration of the equilibrium of a ladder
For use with the Work Panel (STF1), the kit allows several experiments with a rigid body – a ladder structure. Students or teachers fit the magnetic parts of the kit to the Work Panel (STF1) to study or demonstrate the forces around an inclined ladder-type structure.
The kit holds a model ladder at different angles with or without a ‘climbing mass’ and measures the horizontal and vertical forces.
The versatility of the kit means that you can adjust the ladder angle between more than 15 to 45 degrees and try it with or without a climbing mass at any position along its length.
TecQuipment supplies each kit with a fully illustrated user guide containing theory, experiments and typical results.
- One of a series of kits for experiments in statics fundamentals topics
- Fits to the Work Panel (STF1) for a complete range of experiments that explore the classic ‘forces around a ladder’ problem
- Hands-on approach for improved understanding
- Highly visual and robust – ideal for classroom demonstrations and for use by small groups of students
- Magnetic bases allow accurate and easy positioning of the experiment’s parts
- Supplied in a hard-wearing storage tray
- Includes a fully illustrated user guide
- Horizontal and vertical reaction forces on a ladder
- Safe angles for a ladder
- A climbing mass on a ladder
- A ladder at different angles