A self-contained mobile module for level process control experiments to illustrate the principles of single-loop control and the calibration & tuning of controllers, transmitters, converters and valves. Demonstrates feedback control, P/PI/PID control and level control. Cascade control experiments available when used with an optional flow process training system. Distributed control available when used with an optional computer control system.
The Level Process Training System is a compact and mobile unit for a wide range of experiments in flow control. It gives students a greater understanding of the stability of simple control systems.
The self-contained unit can do many experiments, but it can also connect to other products in the TE3300 range for extra experiments. For cascade control of flow and level, it can link to the optional Flow Process Training System (TE3300/03). For distributed control, it can connect to the optional Computer Control System (TE3300/06).
The main parts of the Level Process Training system are:
- Industrial controller with auto-tune feature
- Two-channel chart recorder
- Current-to-pressure converter
- Differential pressure transmitter
- Transparent vessel
- Pneumatic control valve
- Three-speed pump
To perform experiments, students fill the reservoir with clean water and prime the system. They then set the controller to regulate the flow of water using a pneumatic valve. This alters the water level in the transparent vessel. The differential pressure transmitter connected to the vessel gives feedback to the controller.
For a realistic experience, the equipment has industrial standard instrumentation and parts.
The apparatus includes two gate valves. One valve controls the flow at the output (drain) and the other acts as a flow-bypass valve. A chart recorder shows and logs the changes of the process variable (level) and the controller output.
- Shows automatic control of level using proportional, proportional plus integral, and proportional, integral plus derivative (PID) control
- Uses industry-standard parts to make it ideal for industrial, vocational and academic training
- Shows operation, calibration and tuning of controllers, transmitters, converters and valves
- Compact, mobile and fully self-contained
- Connects to the TE3300/03 Flow Process Training System for cascade control
- Connects to the TE3300/06 Computer Control System for distributed control
- Safe, practical and realistic
- Proportional, integral and derivative control
- Setting up and demonstrating automatic control
- The principles of loop control and the calibration and tuning of controllers, transmitters, converters and valves
- Wet and dry leg operation of a differential pressure transmitter
- Operation of a level control system
- Cascade control of level and flow (when used with the TE3300/03 Flow Process Training System)
- Distributed control (when used with the TE3300/06 Computer Control System)