The Arduino Shield (BL0055) can be used with various programming languages including Assembly, C, Arduino IDE and Flowcode. The board presents all port pins collected together as E-blocks2 sockets. The board takes power from an external power supply or from the micro USB port.
To program your Arduino on the board, a free tool called mLoader is available to download.
The E-blocks2 board is compatible with Ghost technology. Using the board with Flowcode allows the use of the advanced Ghost debugging features including in-circuit debugging, real-time pin monitoring and bus decoding.
New features in E-blocks2 include:
- Power now routed via the connector – no more flying leads
- Board auto-ID functionality
- Flowcode automatic project set up
- Smaller footprint using up to date surface mount technology
- Overcurrent resettable fuse protection
If using this board with First Generation downstream E-blocks, then you will need an E-blocks2 upstream to E-blocks downstream connector.
Arduino Uno not included.