- Safe Operation; all moving parts covered
- Measure voltage, current & power
- Operates on 24V power, AC or DC
- Manual or full PC Controls
- Small footprint & low power
- Easy storage
- A dynomometer with an integrated power supply, control box and PC-based applications for advanced control of the different motors.
- Six different types of motors, including:
- Brushless, DC, universal, single phase, shunt and three phase.
- Four curriculum manuals for teaching electrical machines principles using manual control with external meters, using PC control and using MATLAB.
The Dynamometer is made up of a long shafted Permanent Magnet DC machine free rotating between bearings mounted in a cradle. One side of the machine can be coupled to any of our test machines using a push fit safety coupling housed in a plastic tube which ensures that no moving parts are accessible. The Dynamometer cradle takes torque measurements in both directions of rotation: anti-clockwise with a spring balance, and clockwise with a strain gauge linked to the control unit. It is fitted with two 4mm shrouded safety connectors which are used to add an electrical load to the machine and are also used as a DC machine (24V 50W) when testing machines as generators.