This versatile kit is part of a series that allows many experiments using different arrangements of their parts. Students, teachers or lecturers fit the parts of the kit to the Work Panel (ES1) (supplied separately) to study or show an engineering science topic.
This kit includes a rigid beam for experiments in the principle of moments, extending to levers and beams. It shows the three main lever types (1st, 2nd and 3rd order) and includes an ‘L’ shape plate for experiments in bell crank levers. A pulley allows extra experiments with moments caused by oblique forces.
The rigid beam allows experiments that show the use of moments to find unknown weights, creating simple beam balances. It also works with spring balances to show reaction forces on beams with point loads and uniformly distributed loads (UDLs).
TecQuipment supply a CD-ROM with the Work Panel (ES1). It includes all the worksheets, guidance notes and lecturer notes (with answers) needed for typical experiments with each kit. The selection of parts in the kits and the choice of fixing points on the work panel means that teachers or lecturers may extend the experiments to an even greater range.
- One of a series of 18 kits for experiments in fundamental engineering science topics
- For use on any engineering course from foundation to postgraduate
- Flexible and modular with sensible size parts – each kit fits onto the Work Panel (ES1) for experiments and simple classroom demonstrations
- Supplied in a hard-wearing storage tray with moulded insert to hold parts securely and a graphical list to help check the kit contents
- Rugged and durable parts for safe ‘hands-on’ experiments – allowing better understanding
- Provides experiment capabilities into the principles of moments, beam reactions, beam balances and levers
- Principle of moments
- Beam balances
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd order levers
- Bell crank lever
- Beam reactions