Circuit Kit Overview
The simplest, cleanest and most visual way of learning the core principles of basic circuits.
Our circuit modules eliminate the mess of wires and allow students to build circuits that end up looking like circuit diagrams, strengthening their conceptual understanding.
Each module connects mechanically by sliding the tabs into one another and then a jumper clip is inserted which both emphasizes that an electrical connection has been made and allows for easy measurement anywhere in the circuit. They are completely self contained and can be built anywhere – no special surface required.
Several key differences help to make Modular Circuits ideal for the science lab:
- The large size of the modules (8 cm x 8 cm) enables all the students around the table to see and understand the completed circuit.
- The components (resistors, switches, batteries and more) are also physically visible on the tops of the module alongside their electronic symbols, reinforcing concepts.
- Instructors can see at a glance whether the circuits have been built correctly rather than having to check each connection.
- They can be used as a standalone with basic lab meters or in conjunction PASCO’s wireless current and voltage sensors (sold separately) and data collection and analysis software for a complete learning solution.
Using with Wireless Sensors
The Wireless Current Sensor Module can replace any straight wire module to measure current at that point. Since the Current Sensor Module is in the same form factor as the other modules, it naturally fits in series with the components. And being wireless it aids the pedagogy – there is only one way in and one way out of the Current Sensor with no extra wires to confuse students. Likewise, the Wireless Voltage Sensor is connected across any module in parallel with the circuit, helping students understand how measurements are made.
- Puts learning first
- Eliminates confusing wires
- Easy-to-connect modules
- Fun to use but designed from the ground up as learning tools, not toys.
- Bridges the gap between circuit diagrams and actual circuit construction.
Wireless AC/DC Module Overview
The Wireless AC/DC Module is a Bluetooth Low Energy wireless signal generator designed for use with PASCO’s Modular Circuits. The AC/DC Module can act as a DC power supply, as well as generate Sine, Triangle, and Square AC signals. A built in rechargeable battery provides long lasting power for your basic circuits, and is rechargeable using the included USB cable. An internal voltage sensor monitors the output voltage at all times. The Wireless AC/DC Module is controllable in either PASCO Capstone or SPARKvue software. This latest circuit module expands the number and type of experiments you can perform with Modular Circuits including Ohm’s Law, RC Circuit Time Constant, and LRC labs.
- Compatible with Modular Circuits
- ±3V Output
- DC, Sine, Triangle, Square
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- Rechargeable Battery
- Controllable with PASCO Capstone or SPARKvue Software (Required)
|Output Frequency Resolution
|Max wireless range