Chemical engineering refers especially to chemical reaction engineering. Indeed, chemical reactions, catalyzed or not, are at the heart of all industrial syntheses. Study of a chemical reaction, in a perfectly‐stirred reactor, permits the operator to understand the influence of the different parameters in the optimization of the chemical synthesis with a view to its industrialization.
Carry out operations of fine chemistry products synthesis
Perform and study reactions:
- Esterification or saponification
- Concentration by evaporation
- Crystallization by cooling
Knowledge of reaction’s characteristics:
- Basic, aqueous, organic, mineral medium
- Endo or exothermic reaction
- Bi-phase catalytic reaction
Carrying out of an operation depending on operating conditions:
- Working pressure: atmospheric or vacuum
- Monitoring of cooling during crystallization
- Management of the distillation with reflux ratio definition
- Butyl acetate esterification.
- Separation of reaction products by distillation and decantation.
- Calculation of reaction output.
- Calculation of mass balances.
- Stainless steel cover, ND 500, 11 connections : ND 100 column inlet, stirring, ND 150 feeding orifice, two sight holes , reactive flow, manometer thermometer, egg, products return, column’s DP measurement.
- Stainless steel conic tank, ND 500, 50 L, jacket, low dead draining valve assembly. Heat protection by dis-mountable perforated sheet.
- Flame proof stirring engine, with mechanical speed variator: 20 to 150 rpm. Mobile and stainless steel shaft . Sealing by PTFE compression stuffing box.
- Feeding funnel, 25 L capacity, SURLYN coating, setting valve for float flow meter, draining valve and vacuum connection.
- ND 100 column, length: 1200, packing : glass Raschig rings 8 x 8, thermometric well and temperature probe at the top, and connection for disc rupture.
- Partial condenser, ND 150, S = 0.9 m², stainless steel shell and tubes, intermediary temperature probes on cold water outlet and vapor outlet.
- External reflux: setting valve, float flow meter, and draining valve
- Total condenser, ND 150, S = 0.9 m², stainless steel nest of tubes, intermediary temperature probes on cold water outlet, vent thermometer, vacuum connection and pitting for ΔP measurement.
- External take off: setting valve, float flow meter and draining valve.
- Liquid column pressure gauge, with liebig.
- Decanter, capacity 3 L, double jacket, vacuum connection, overflow tube, draining valve.
- Three – way valves set.
- Receivers, capacity 2L, graduated, SURLYN coating, draining valve, vent valves and vacuum connection.
- Vacuum circuitry: Vacuum trap with draining valve, connection to isolating valve and vent valve, process isolating valve, setting valve, general vent valve, discharge shut-off valve, process balance connections.
- Cold water circuitry: isolating valve, circuitry draining valve, distribution clarinette, temperature probe on inlet, three float flow meters with setting valves, jacketed isolating valves and anti-back flush shutoff valve, liebig feeding valve, decanter feeding valve.
- Vent and cooling circuit.
- Steam circuitry: Stainless steel insulated piping, isolating valve, reducing valve, setting valve, draining valve, manometer, jacketed isolating valve, safety valve, temperature probe, snifter valve, steam strap, three-way valve.
- SS conical tank, 50 L, double jacket and insulated.
- Stirrer, SS mobile and shaft.
- Feeding funnel, 25L, SURLYN coated.
- Column, packed with glass Raschig rings.
- Partial condenser, SS shell and tubes.
- Total condenser.
- Decanter, capacity 3 L, double jacket, vacuum connection, overflow tube.
- Vacuum gauge.
- Liquid column manometer.
- 6 temperature probes Pt100Ω.
- 2 gas expansion thermometer for reactor and vent.
- 6 flowmeters.
Dim : 170 x 160 x 450 cm – 200 kg
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
For a complete product data sheet and a list of reference sites please call 1-877-967-2726.