Experimental and theoretical study of fluid dynamics
Study of pressure drops across various components:
- Valves, elbows, abrupt changes in pipe diameter
- Pipes of different diameter, length and roughness
Comparison between flow rate measurement techniques:
- Orifice measurement (Venturi and diaphragm)
- Filling rate measurement
Comparison between experimental and theoretical values:
- Theoretical pressure drop calculations
- Theoretical flow rate calculations in accordance with standard EN
- ISO 5167-1 for Venturi tubes and membranes
This unit for fluid dynamics and study of energy loss is composed of various straight hydraulic pipes of different diameters and material.The unit has the same specifications commonly encountered in industrial hydraulic networks: elbows, valves, venturi meters for the measurement of flow rate, and abrupt narrowing or widening of the tubes, etc.
This system functions in a closed circuit and the fluid circulation is generated by a centrifugal pump.
The measurement of energy loss is made by a differential pressure sensor. The teaching objectives of the study are to:
- Compare the flow rate measurement methods e.g. flow meter, orifice-meter (diaphragm), and venturi meter.
- Verify the law of turbulent flow in the form dP = k Qv2
- Determine, for each length or irregularity, the energy loss expressed:
- In equivalent length of a reference tube
- In terms of energy loss coefficient z
These different values will be compared qualitatively and quantitatively with respect to the different charts given in the literature.
- SS centrifugal pump with On/Off switch.
- 90L storage Tank.
7 parallel pipe-lines
- Plexiglas Venturi.
- Plexiglas diaphragm.
- Needle valve 1″.
- Rough piping, equipped with four quick fitting connectors spaced of 0.5 m and 1 m to measure pressure drops for 0.5 m, 1m, 1.5m and 2m lengths.
- Pipe with ink injection.
- Piping brutal narrowing ND 25 / ND 10, brutal enlargement from ND 10 to ND 25, Series of four 90° bends ND 25.
- Smooth piping equipped with four quick fitting connectors spaced of 0.5 m, 1m and 2m for pressure measurement.
- Smooth piping equipped with four quick fitting connectors spaced of 0.5 m and 1m for pressure measurement.
- Manual vacuum pump.
- 2 Flowmeters.
- Differential pressure transmitter.
- Manual differential pressure manometer.
- 2 manometers.
- Digital indication temperature.
Dim: 330 x 90 x 180cm
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
For a complete product data sheet and a list of reference sites please call 1-877-967-2726.