This pasteurization unit enables the study of milk pasteurization in small quantities and at low flow rates. The main measures (temperatures, flow rates) are stored in the electronic system. The product is stored in tank 1 of maximal volume of 8 litres and is pumped by pump 2. Passing through the pasteurizer, the product is preheated 3, then heated in 4, held in 5 and finally cooled down in 6.The hot milk coming out of the chamber 5, is used to preheat the feeding product in 3. The heating is ensured in the heat exchanger 4 by hot water circulation, produced by the heating unit 7. Holding in the chamber 5 is done by product circulation in a pipe where it is maintained at pasteurization temperature before cooling down. For a constant flow rate, the variation of the holding time is done changing the length of the tube used in the chamber. Cooling down of the product is realized in the heat exchanger 8 in which cold water from the municipal network is circulating at adjustable flow rate. The pasteurized milk is stored at ambient temperature in a glass flask 9. The centrifugal pump 10 of high flow rate is used for cleaning in place of the unit. Spare pipes delivered with the unit are used to connect the pump discharge on the exchanger inputs to do the cleaning.
- Study a basic heat treatment process used in the food processing industry: pasteurization of a liquid.
- Study the combined influence of the holding time and heating temperature on the quality of the treated product and finding the best parameters for the pasteurization.
- Approach of the calculation of the pasteurization value into the heat treatment chamber.
- Apply hygiene measures by cleaning in place.
- Monitor the various thermal exchanges during pasteurization.
- Study various holding time and heating temperature combinations by control of the peroxidases and phosphatases to evaluate the pasteurization efficiency.
- Calculation of the pasteurization value into the chamber.
- Previous study before using the unit : evaluation of the decimal destruction time D and of the thermal inactivity factor z for the considered microorganisms.
- Clean the unit in place.
- Stainless steel storage tank, 8 L capacity, with removable lid and draining valve.
- Volumetric feeding pump, adjustable flow rate 2-10 L/h with manual speed variator.
- Preheating exchanger, stainless steel plates technology, exchange area about 0.1 m².
- Heating exchanger, stainless steel plates technology, exchange area about 0.1 m².
- Holder : selection of the retention time by a bridging panel. For a nominal flow rate of 10L/h, selection between 30s, 1mn, 2mn for retention time. Temperature measurement at the input and the output of the holder.
- Cooling exchanger, stainless steel plates technology, exchange area about 0.1 m².
- Heating group to produce hot water with controlled temperature, power 1.5 kW. Maximum water temperature: 95°C
- Cold water circuit with isolating valve, flow adjusting valve and float flow meter.
- Storage tank for pasteurized milk. Removable glass tank to ease cleaning, sterilization and milk storage at low temperature in a fridge.
- Stainless steel pump for cleaning in place, high flow rate.
For a complete product data sheet please call 1-877-967-2726.