Study of pulsed liquid liquid extraction process in a packed column
- Continuous process
Liquid-liquid extraction is a fundamental material transfer operation based on the varying solubility of the components of a mixture. It entails extracting a compound from a solution (solute dissolved in a diluent) by selective transfer to a second liquid (solvent), non-miscible with the first and with different density. A pneumatic pulsator, allows to pulse the liquid in the column, increasing the contact between the two phases and the mass transfer from one to another.
Study a continuous liquid-liquid extraction process
- Determine operating conditions
- Determination interphase level
Apply a ternary phase diagram
- Mass balance
- Determination of the efficiency of the column by defining the HTU and NTU
- Gear pumps SS/PEEK head, with integrated safety valve.
- Glass decanter with heavy phase outlet, light phase feeding and column draining.
- Glass column, packing of Raschig glass rings.
- Glass decanter with light phase outlet, heavy phase feeding and column vent.
- Pneumatic pulsator, PTFE bellows, double effect cylinder, stroke and frequency control.
- Inter-phase level setting system by lateral crosshead, setting from the ground.
- 2 float flowmeter.
Dim : 125 x 70 x 240 cm – 100 kg
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
For a complete product data sheet and a list of reference sites please call 1-877-967-2726.