Uses an industry standard PLC to control the PLC Process using ladder logic programming running on a PC. For use with the PLC Process (CE111).
The clearly labeled front panel has all the input and output connections. Each input and output includes a socket and three push-button switches. One switch connects or disconnects the connection. The other two set the connection as permanently high or low to override the controller. This allows students to do some manual control, or add faults to see what effect it has on the process. Indicators show the status of the controller inputs and outputs.
A socket on the front panel connects to a suitable computer (not included). The user must install the software (included) onto their computer so they can program the controller to suit their needs. TecQuipment supplies programs to match the experiments in the user guide (included).
The software introduces students to the features of a controller program. These features include:
- Normally open and closed contacts
- Shift registers
- Ladder logic
- Self-contained, bench-mounting unit
- Industrial-standard programmable logic controller (PLC) upgraded for educational use
- Includes PLC software to program the controller, and ready-made programs to match experiments given in the user guide
- Introduces ladder logic programming
- Works with TecQuipment’s PLC Process (CE111) to show students how to control a common industrial process, but in safe conditions
- Uses industrial-standard controller to give students realistic industrial experience
- Includes manual override switches to introduce faults for fault-finding training
- Simple programming
- Ladder logic operations
- Timers, counters and monitoring
- Editing and adding comments in a PLC program
- Special ladder logic instructions