A versatile regenerative engine test set with comprehensive controls and instrumentation. When used with one of TecQuipment’s optional single-cylinder engines (rated up to 10 kW), it safely and effectively enables study and demonstrations of the features and characteristics of the engine. In addition, optional ancillaries are available to extend the range of study, demonstrations and investigations even further.
The equipment is fully compatible with TecQuipment’s Versatile Data AcquisitionSystem (VDAS®, available separately). Using VDAS® enables accurate real-time data capture, monitoring and display, calculation and charting of all relevant parameters on a computer (PC available separately) making tests quick and reliable.
The main components of the system are:
- A heavy fabricated floor-mounting bed
- An instrument console with instrument frame
- A fuel tank support frame that supports the fuel tank and optional fuel gauge
The bed is held on anti-vibration mounts. It includes a robust trunnion-mounted d.c. machine. An electronic load cell connected to the machine measures the driving torque of the test engine. The engines (available separately) are supplied pre-mounted on a sturdy precision base plate. When the engine is initially mounted onto the test bed or exchanged with an alternative engine, dowels and slots locate the engine quickly, accurately and reliably.
Each engine includes a colour-coded fuel tank with self-sealing couplings. The couplings ensure the engines can be connected and disconnected quickly and efficiently with minimum loss or spillage of fuel. For convenience and safety, the fuel tank can be removed for filling or for storage in a fuel locker when not in use. Removing the fuel tank also prevents unauthorized use of the equipment.
The control console has an electrical cabinet which houses a four-quadrant drive to start and load the engine. The motor can also be used to drive the engine while the fuel and ignition are off, so students can establish frictional losses. The control console includes an air-box and orifice plate to enable students to measure air flow. The instrumentation and display units are mounted on a sturdy frame, which is part of the control console. The control console also includes a convenient work top for use as a writing desk, or for positioning other equipment such as a computer.
- Enables a wide range of investigations into the characteristics of four-stroke single-cylinder petrol and Diesel engines
- For use with engines up to 10 kW: four-stroke diesel and four-stroke petrol engines (available separately)
- Ideal for group demonstrations and student projects
- Includes comprehensive control console and instrumentation
- Optional ancillaries available to extend the range of study even further
- Quick, convenient and accurate engine mounting and changeover
- Test bed includes anti-vibration mounts
- Uses four-quadrant drive to start and load the engine, giving excellent stability
- Self-sealing couplings enable quick and efficient connection and disconnection of fuel lines with minimum los or spillage of fuel
- Works with TecQuipment’s Versatile Data Acquisition System (VDAS®)