A bench-top industrial-standard tester for accurate measurements of Rockwell hardness.
The machine performs Rockwell or Superficial Rockwell hardness tests in accordance with established specifications, including BS EN ISO 6508:1999 and ASTM E18. The machine is supplied with a diamond cone indenter and a 1/16” diameter ball indenter, as standard. The machine is provided with a four-digit LED display. It is used to display measured hardness results, to monitor the progress of the test and to display derived statistical data. The SM1015 is an industrial instrument and if used in accordance with the following instructions, and given reasonable care and attention, it will maintain accurate and reliable hardness scales.
- Industrial instrument specifi cations
- Nose mounted indenter allows 360 degree access
- Fully automatic testing cycle
- High level of test result repeatability
- Robust construction with a play free screw spindle running on ball-bearings
- Visual and audible signals when specified tolerance exceeded and during pre-load setting
- Choice of loading ranges for additional experiments – 60 kgf, 100 kgf, 150 kgf
- Hardness testing using classical Rockwell methods according to ISO 6508 and ASTM E18