An experimental apparatus to derive the temperature pressure relationship for saturated steam, and verify the Antoine Equation.
The TD1006 Marcet Boiler is a simple experiment to show the relationship between pressure and temperature for saturated (wet) steam for comparison with published results.
The apparatus consists of a rigid frame containing an insulated pressure vessel (boiler) and an instrumentation and control unit. The frame also has extra space for the optional VDAS® interface.
The electrically-heated boiler holds water. As the water temperature increases, so does the pressure in the boiler. A transducer and a thermocouple measure the boiler pressure and temperature. A digital display shows the values in both SI and traditional units (including absolute values).
The boiler includes a special-purpose glass window. It allows students to see the internal construction of the vessel, to see the boiling process and to check the water level.
For sound engineering practice a mechanical Bourdon type gauge also displays the pressure. It works independent of the electrical supply so the user can always see the pressure in the vessel.
The electrical heater has a thermostat to limit the maximum heater temperature. A pressure relief valve limits the maximum boiler pressure. For safety, the equipment includes high temperature pipe to direct any vented steam away from the working area to a suitable drain.
The design includes all possible safety and low maintenance features, specially for educational use.
TecQuipment has checked the corrosion-resistant high-grade stainless steel boiler against the latest European safety standards.
You can do tests with or without a computer connected. However, for quicker tests with easier recording of results, TecQuipment can supply the optional Versatile Data Acquisition System (VDAS®). This gives accurate real-time data capture, monitoring and display, calculation and charting of all the important readings on a computer.
- Compact, bench-top unit
- Based on the classic Marcet boiler experiment
- Stainless steel vessel (boiler) for long life and ease of maintenance
- Proves the Antoine Equation for saturated steam
- Vessel (boiler) has viewing window to see the boiling process and the water level
- Simple and safe to use – includes temperature cut-out switches and a pressure relief valve
- Electronic sensors measure boiler temperature and pressure – shown on a digital display in both SI and traditional units (including absolute values)
- Can connect to TecQuipment’s Versatile Data Acquisition System (VDAS®)
- Variation of saturated steam pressure with temperature
- Confirmation of the Antoine Equation