Comprises three 1 kVA single-phase transformers for experiments into a wide range of single-phase and three-phase power and distribution system transformer principles and applications.
The Single-Phase Transformers is an essential tool for experiments and demonstrations of transformer theory. It is made up of three identical transformers (except for the tertiary windings). Each transformer is inside a separate steel enclosure and all fit onto a frame which has small wheels for ease of mobility.
Each transformer has a selection of high-voltage (primary) and low-voltage (secondary) tappings to select a range of input and output voltages. They also have extra tertiary windings. The tertiary windings help compensate for any slight differences in the transformers when used in parallel. The transformers are separate units and will work as three individual single-phase transformers, or can connect to be a single three-phase transformer.
All tappings are accessible, so students may link the windings to suit any of the common single and threephase connections. All tappings connect to coloured, shrouded sockets for safety.
To show transformer principles clearly, the transformers operate as one volt each turn. This means that the no-load output voltage is the same as the number of turns on the secondary.
Thermocouples measure the temperatures of the primary windings, the secondary windings and the core of one of the transformers.
The thermocouples help to measure the temperature changes in a transformers. The readings help the student to understand the temperature specification for materials used in transformers. Note: you need a suitable K-type measuring instrument (not supplied) to measure the outputs of the thermocouples.
To allow a complete range of tests, TecQuipment supply this product with three load banks; one resistive, one capacitive and one inductive (PSA50, PSA55 and PSA60).
- For use in single-phase or any common three-phase configuration, including star, delta, interstar and others
- Supplied with mobile frame for easy mobility
- One-volt-per-turn winding design for easy demonstration of transformer principles
- Supplied with a set of load banks for a complete range of tests
- Includes thermocouples for core and winding temperature measurements
- Multiple tappings for selection of output voltages
- Extra tertiary windings for accurate matching in parallel transformer tests
- Single-phase and three-phase experiments
- Open and short-circuit tests to find iron and copper losses
- Harmonics and unbalanced loading
- Star-star, star-delta, delta-delta and delta-star connected transformers
- Interconnected star (interstar or zig-zag) connection