The liquid – liquid extraction in a stirred column
Liquid – liquid extraction is a fundamental material transfer operation based on the varying solubility of the components of a mixture. It entails extracting a compound from a solution (solute dissolved in a diluent) by selective transfer to a second liquid (solvent), non-miscible with the first and with different density. A stirring device 9, stirs the liquid in the column, increasing the contact between the two phases and the mass transfer from one to another.
Study of a continuous liquid – liquid extraction
- Process parameters
- Interphase level determination
- Mass balance
- Column effiency determination (HUT/NUT)
- 2 SS pumps, variable rate.
- Glass decanter with light phase outlet, heavy phase feeding.
- Glass column.
- Stirring shaft, made of 20 SS Rushton type stirrer.
- Glass decanter with heavy phase outlet, light phase feeding.
- Inter-phase level setting by lateral crosshead.
- Polyethylene storage tank, 10 L.
- 2 flowmeters.
Dim : 140 x 60 x 240 cm – 120 kg
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
For a complete product data sheet please call 1-877-967-2726.