A compact, bench-top and fully self-contained centrifugal pump test set, that allows students to find the characteristics of centrifugal pumps, working alone or in series or parallel.
The apparatus comprises two identical centrifugal pumps,together with two bearing-mounted motors driving each pump independently. The pumps draw water from the clear acrylic reservoir. The water travels through a series of valves to be delivered to a flow measurement device. The water then returns to the reservoir for re-use, keeping water use to a minimum.
There are pressure gauges fitted in the intake and delivery pipes for the direct measurement and visible display of the inlet and outlet pressures of the pumps. The adjustable inlet and delivery valves allow students to create different operating conditions.
- Self-contained, compact, bench-top, easy- to-use test set for a range of experiments and demonstrations
- Easily configurable system to enable pumps to be tested individually, in series and in parallel, with a manually adjustable water flow rate
- Long-life, robust valves with large handles allow students to change the water circuit in seconds, ready for the next experiment.
- Includes pressure gauges to measure intake and delivery pressures
- Discharge flow measurement
Comprehensive demonstration and investigation into a centrifugal pump including:
- Centrifugal pump performance and characteristics, typically: head versus flow and efficiency versus flow
- Operation of centrifugal pumps in series
- Operation of centrifugal pumps in parallel