This versatile kit is part of a series that allows many experiments using different arrangements of their parts. Students, teachers or lecturers fit the parts of the kit to the Work Panel (ES1) (supplied separately) to study or show an engineering science topic.
This kit includes specimens of different materials to show students the principles of tensile tests.
Students use the tensile tester to stretch the specimens to destruction while measuring the extension and force. The tests introduce students to tensile test terms including:
- Overall stress and strain
- Yield properties
- Tensile strength
The choice of different specimens allows comparisons of different specimen material and how it affects its tensile properties.
TecQuipment supplies a CD-ROM with the Work Panel (ES1). It includes all the worksheets, guidance notes and lecturer notes (with answers) needed for typical experiments with each kit. The selection of parts in the kits and the choice of fixing points on the Work Panel means that teachers or lecturers may extend the experiments to an even greater range.
- One of a series of 18 kits for experiments in fundamental engineering science topics
- For use on any engineering course from foundation to postgraduate
- Flexible and modular with sensible size parts – each kit fits onto the Work Panel (ES1) for experiments and simple classroom demonstrations
- Supplied in a hard-wearing storage tray with moulded insert to hold parts securely and a graphical list to help check the kit contents
- Rugged and durable parts for safe ‘hands-on’ experiments – allowing better understanding
- Contains all parts needed for experiments in tensile testing of different materials
- Tensile tests (to destruction) of different materials
- Finding the tensile strength of a material
- Material behaviour in the elastic and plastic region
- Creating a force and extension chart