Study of the thermal behavior of a reactor
Thermal control of a reactor
This unit shows a common issue in process industry: a jacketed vessel connected to a thermoregulation group. The aim is to run the thermal process properly, to compare the running modes and understand the consequences on the heated solutions. The user sets the different regulation loops to achieve the optimal thermoregulation process. Various control loops (single or cascade) may be studied on this test rig. The sensor and actuator signals are available on safety sockets and can be wired to the controller inputs and outputs as needed to form the chosen control loop.
Study of the parameters affecting the heating of a tank:
- Operating in batch or continuous with overflow
- Influence of stirring and the forced cooling
- Simulation of an exothermic and endothermic middle
- Thermal balance for reaction medium
- Thermal balance for thermal fluids
- Heat exchange efficiency
Study of the regulation:
- Study of a single loop or cascade loop
- Influence of response time
- SS reactor, 20 L capacity with an oveflow nozzle. Removable cover.
- Centrifugal pump.
- 3 kW SS immersion heater.
- SS exchanger equipped with a solenoid control valve on cold water feed.
- Glass double jacket reactor, 5 L capacity, draining valve, overflow nozzle.
- Stirring: variable speed motor 50 to 2000 rpm. SS shaft and three blade impeller.
- 6 temperature probes Pt 100 Ω.
- 2 float a level sensor.
- Safety thermostat.
- Safety pressure.
Dim : 170 x 70 x 190 cm – 150 kg
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
For a complete product data sheet and a list of reference sites please call 1-877-967-2726.