Compare three industrial heat exchangers with identical surface areas: 0.5 m²
- Two technology (tubular, plates) with the same material
- Two materials (stainless steel, glass) with the same technology
- The design of this unit allows the study of three industrial exchangers with identical surfaces:
- A plate heat exchanger
- A glass shell and SS tube heat exchanger
- A glass shell and glass tube heat exachanger
- Two three‐way valves allows the study in co‐current and counter-current flow in each heat exchanger
Study the parameters affecting heat transfer:
- Exchanger materials: glass, stainless steel
- Regime: turbulent, laminar
- Circulation: co-current, counter-current
- Thermal transfer fluid used: hot water, steam
Characterize and compare heat transfers:
- Thermal balance
- Overall experimental and theoretical heat exchange coefficient K
Study the condensation of steam
- ECH1: plate exchanger, stainless steel.
- ECH2: glass/stainless steel exchanger, SURLYN coated. Tube with baffle-plates, composed of SS tubes
- ECH3: glass/glass exchanger, SURLYN coated. Tube with baffle-plates, composed of glass tubes.
For each of these three exchangers:
- Two three-way valves for selection of the direction of circulation.
- Heating unit .
- Steam circuitry: flowrate and bottling of condensate setting valves.
- Temperature probes Pt100Ω.
For a complete product data sheet and a list of reference sites please call 1-877-967-2726.