- Study with a domestic water network: determine the hydraulic resistance Rm of the membrane
- Study the ultrafiltration of a macromolecule:
- study the influence of the sweeping speed
- study the influence of the macromolecule concentration
- study gel layer formation
- Study the ultrafiltration process
- Open loop and closed loop ultrafiltration process
- Procedure for cleaning the unit with bactericidal solutions.
- Concentrate a coloured aqueous solution
• In an open loop
• In a closed loop
- Characterise and compare membranes:
• Plot the retention graph.
• Determine the cutoff threshold and the conversion ratio.
- Study the process:
• Influence of parameters: transmembrane pressure, flow rate.
• Phenomena related to ultrafiltration: polarisation, clogging.
- Regenerate the membranes.
- 60L SS feeding tank, observation of the level by external tube, level sensor, draining valve.
- Volumetric screw pump, stainless steel, 200 to 1500 L/hour, draining valve and by-pas valve.
- Exchanger and temperature probe.
- Organic membrane:
Exchange surface: 0,02m² / module.
Two plate modules.
Two pressure measurements.
Two isolating valves.
Unit delivered with two sets of ten membranes.
– One in PVDF, cut-off = 40 kDa.
– One in acrylonitril, cut-off = 50 kDa.
- Retentate circuitry, two diaphragm valves, two flow meters, sampling valve.
- Stainless steel retentate storage tank, 40 L, draining valve.
- SS permeate storage tank, 20 L, draining valve.
- Water circuitry, general isolating valve, exchanger flow rate setting valve, selection of the tank valve, filter.
For a complete product data sheet please call 1-877-967-2726.