Provides motive power with speed, torque and power measurements for TecQuipment’s Modular Fluid Power Range.
For use with all of TecQuipment’s Modular Fluid Power range, the Universal Dynamometer (MFP100) gives motive power and instrumentation for the machines fitted to each module.
It has two parts: the electric dynamometer, and a motor drive and display unit. The dynamometer is an induction motor, trunnion-mounted to allow it to move freely against a strain gauge load cell. An inductive sensor measures the shaft speed. The load cell measures the shaft torque.
A precision-machined base plate holds the motor and its sensors. The base plate has location points to give accurate and repeatable alignment onto each Fluid Power module. The coupling between the Universal Dynamometer and all Fluid Power machines is a jaw-type coupling with a rubber element. The Universal Dynamometer directly drives the Fluid Power machines. This means that the user has no need to fit or adjust the tension of belts and pulleys.
The motor drive and display unit contains a variable-speed a.c. inverter drive and includes signal conditioning. It digitally displays speed, torque and shaft power. The unit fits on the instrument frame fitted to all the Fluid Power modules. The front of the motor drive and display unit has motor stop, start and speed controls. Outlets on the back of the unit give power for instruments supplied with the Fluid Power modules. This reduces the need for multiple mains connections and gives a neater and safer equipment arrangement.
The control and instrumentation unit includes a socket to link it to TecQuipment’s optional Versatile Data Acquisition System (VDAS®). When used with a suitable computer (computer not included), it gives accurate real-time data capture, monitoring and display, calculation and charting of all the important readings. VDAS® makes tests quick and reliable.
- Robust electric motor with external speed and torque sensors, mounted onto a transportable base plate with handles
- Cost-effective – only one Universal Dynamometer is needed for use with many of TecQuipment’s Fluid Power modules
- Includes motor drive and display unit with digital displays of speed, torque and calculated mechanical (shaft) power
- Has multiple outlets to provide electrical power for other instruments supplied with the Fluid Power modules, for a neater and safer arrangement
- Quick and easy disconnection and reconnection from one module to another
- Direct drive – no belts or pulleys to adjust
- Variable-speed electric motor with industry-standard electronic drive control
- Can connect to TecQuipment’s Versatile Data Acquisition System (VDAS®)