A bench-top industrial-standard tester for accurate measurements of Vickers hardness.
The machine performs the Vickers hardness test, in accordance with established specifications including BS EN ISO 6507 and ASTM E92.
The machine is provided with a backlit LCD display. It is used to display measured hardness results, to monitor the progress of the test and to display information that may be required when setting up the machine for a variety of parameters.
The serial interface on the Vickers hardness testing machine provides the ability to print out results on a standard printer, or to communicate data to a PC. The SM1016 is an industrial instrument and if used in accordance with the following instructions, and given reasonable care and attention, it will maintain accurate and reliable hardness scales.
- Industrial instrument specifications
- Capable of performing tests using forces: 1, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30 kgf
- Dead weight load application provides long-term test force stability
- Unique nose-mounted indenter, allows 360 degree access
- Fully automatic testing cycle – eliminates operator influence on the test results
- Alarm to warn of aborted test, ensuring a valid test has been completed
- Calculation of average (X-bar) and range (R)
- Audible and visual indication of “out of tolerance” results, eliminating operator decisions
- Vickers testing to ISO 6507, ASTM E92 and ASTM E384, UKAS accredited