The Basic Optics Light Source uses a single 10 Watt quartz-halogen bulb to provide bright, easy-to-see illumination. By turning the box to its different sides, it becomes:
- Crossed-Arrow Object with Metric Scale. Ideal for showing images, focal point and magnification.
- Bright Point Source. The very small filament of the halogen bulb provides an excellent point source for experimenting with shadows or the Inverse Square Law.
- Primary-Colors Source. The red, green and blue filters provide 3 rays of light for color mixing.
- 1,3 or 5 Ray Source. Just rotate the knob on front of the light source to vary the number of rays produced.
- Universal AC Adapter
- Spare Bulb (stored under access cover)