PASCO’s Basic Calorimetry Set uses an inexpensive polystyrene foam calorimeter (with lid) which has excellent thermal properties. Together with 5 different metal samples, a thermometer, plastic tubing and a water trap that prevents unwanted condensation of steam, students have the equipment necessary to begin understanding and determining the specific heat of substances, the latent heats of vaporization and fusion of water.
The calorimeter cup is 10 cm deep with a 7.5 cm inside diameter and 1.3 cm thick walls.
- Define the Calorie
- Determine Thermal Capacity and Specific Heat of Aluminum, Copper and Tungsten
- Latent Heat of Vaporization
- Latent Heat of Fusion
- Calorimeter cup with lid
- Alcohol Thermometer: 20 °C to 110 °C in 1° increments
- Samples of aluminum, copper, brass, zinc, and stainless steel: 80 g each
- Water trap and plastic tubing
- Instruction manual and experiment guide