Measuring electrostatic charges is now simple and quantitative with our Charge Sensor. Think of it as a highly sensitive electroscope that isn’t affected by humidity and indicates whether a charge is positive or negative. Great for other high-resistance voltage measurements too. Automatic scaling eliminates the need for a gain switch. Highly efficient input overvoltage protection makes it virtually blow-out proof, providing many years of student use.
- No guessing if a charge is positive or negative – the polarity is shown.
- Measures both charge and voltage.
- Includes a 0.9m shielded cable with alligator clips — eliminate stray fields for quick experiment setup.
- Measure charge by induction
- Quantify the charge on a capacitor
- Discover the charge distribution on a conducting sphere
- 0.9m shield cable with alligator clips
|Charge Range||±0.1 μC|
|Voltage Range||±10 V|
|Input Resistance||1012 Ω|
|Maximum Input Voltage||150 V|
|Maximum Sample Rate||100 Hz|
|Input Cable||0.9 m length; shielded with alligator termination|
Perform the following experiments and more with the PASPORT Charge Sensor.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
In this lab, students will use charge sensors to charge different objects by contact and to explore the electric field produced by various charged objects.
|PASPORT Charge Sensor Manual||English||307.83 KB|
|PASPORT Charge Sensor Manual||Russian||295.66 KB|