The Coding with Sensor Technologies Kit introduces students to coding and includes ten hands-on investigations that explore science phenomena using the //code.Node’s programmable sensors, lights and sounds.
Blockly simplifies the programming process for new coders. Visual coding blocks connect like puzzle pieces to help students master the basics of programming, without having to worry about their syntax.
Wireless and easy-to-use, the //code.Node includes six sensor inputs, a speaker, RGB light, and an LED array that enables students to explore exciting phenomena using block-based programs that collect, display, and respond to data.
Student Activities and Video Lessons
The Coding with Sensor Technologies Kit includes ten investigations with video lessons, printed student worksheets, and an interactive digital flipbook that presents the resources in an engaging, student-friendly format. Each lesson is based upon the latest science standards and incorporates cross-curricular connections to reinforce key concepts in computer science, mathematics and language arts.
Activities and Video Lessons include:
Help students develop competency in:
- Computational thinking
- Data collection and analysis
- Technology and programming
- Problem-solving, logical reasoning and critical thinking
Build Career Awareness
Build career awareness with activities that make real-world connections to:
- Engineering with real-life sensors
- Designing “smart” home technology
- Programming and developing sensor-based safety features
- 1x //code.Node (PS-3231)
- 1x //code.Node Holder (PS-3233)
- 1x Painted Bar Magnet (Pair) (SE-7593)
- 1x Color-Printed Booklet of Student Activities
Experiment Library Collections