The Complete Coding with Sensor Technologies Kit introduces students to coding and includes 20 hands-on investigations that explore science phenomena using the //code.Node’s programmable sensors, lights and sounds. This complete kit contains one //code.Node and all of the materials, hardware, and hands-on investigations found in the three coding with sensor technologies kits (ST-7801, ST-7821, and ST-7831).
Student Activities and Video Lessons
The Complete Coding with Sensor Technologies Kit includes twenty investigations with video lessons, printed student worksheets, and three interactive digital flipbooks that present the resources in an engaging, student-friendly format. Each lesson is based upon the latest science standards and incorporates cross-curricular connections to reinforce key concepts in computer science, mathematics and language arts.
Activities and Video Lessons include:
- Magnetic Polarity
- Random Number Cube
- Automatic Nightlight
- Light Bulb Efficiency
- Clap On
- What’s the Origin?
- Investigating Sound Levels
- Step Counter
- Intruder Alarm
- Digital Thermometer
- Crash Test: Impact Alert System
- Investigating Odometers
- Engineering Turn Signals
- 3-2-1 Launch!
- The Need for Speed: Radar Detectors
- What is a Color Sensor?
- RGB LED: How to Program Color
- Engineering Sound Level Meters
- Detect an Intruder: Home Alarm Systems
- Investigating Electronic Tuners
Help students develop competency in:
- Computational thinking
- Data collection and analysis
- Technology and programming
- Problem-solving, logical reasoning and critical thinking
Interactive Digital Flipbooks
- 1x //code.Node (PS-3231)
- 1x //code.Node Holder (PS-3233)
- 3x Color-Printed Booklet of Student Activities
- 1x Painted Bar Magnet (Pair) (SE-7593)
- 1x Small Flashlight
- 2x Tuning Fork, Various Frequency
- 35x Colored Paper, Various 4″x4″ Sheets
- 5x Aluminum Foil Sheet, 4″x4″ Sheets
- 1x //code.Node Cart (PS-3235)
- 2x Light Spring Bumper
- 6x 50 g Mass
- 1x Soft Measuring Tape, 1.5m
- 1x Spool of Thread
- 2x Block Person Figurine
Experiment Library Collections
These STEM activities are designed for use with the PASCO //code.Node and ST-7820 Coding with Vehicle Sensor Technologies Kit. You may preview and download individual student activities, or log in to view teacher files.