A current is established in a wire of known diameter, and the voltage drop across a section of the wire is measured. Students can calculate the resistance of the wire and the resistivity of the material.
- Vary wire length: Slide-wire potentiometer pick-up makes it easy. Use the built-in scale to measure the length of the wire.
- Vary wire diameter: Four different diameters of brass wire are included. Investigate the difference between resistance and resistivity. Interchange wires quickly and easily.
- Vary wire material: Five different material wires are included. Investigate how resistivity depends on the wire material.
- Storage: Built-in storage tray to hold wires.
- Sample Wire: Wires are held securely and straight by the wire guides and lugs.
- Slide Wire Probe: Spring-loaded wire probe slides easily along the wire, making contact at a single point.
- Built-in cm Scale and slide wire probe make it easy to measure the voltage drop across various wire lengths.
- 2x 30 cm long wires: Copper (1.0 mm diameter)
- 2x 30 cm long wires: Aluminum (1.0 mm diameter)
- 2x 30 cm long wires: Stainless Steel (1.0 mm diameter)
- 2x 30 cm long wires: Nichrome (1.0 mm diameter)
- 2x 30 cm long wires: Brass (0.5 mm, 0.8 mm, 1.0 mm, 1.3 mm diameter)
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD!
Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s). For a breakdown of features, capabilities, and additional options, see our Interface Comparison Guide »
|Replacement Wires, Resistivity Apparatus||EM-8813|
Resistivity Apparatus Manual English 513.24 KB