A key component of the Essential Physics Light & Optics module, this rechargeable light source has four colored LEDs at the edges and a powerful RGB LED in the center. It also connects directly to your devices and streams data via Bluetooth 4.
The light source makes a perfect illuminated “object” for optics experiments, and the fixed spacing of the colored LEDs makes it easy to observe and measure image properties such as magnification, inversion, and brightness.
The rechargeable light source lasts all day and you never need batteries! The four colored LEDs (R/Y/G/B) on a 10 mm spacing make it easy to make precise magnification measurements and see image inversion.
The bright central LED is actually 3-in-1 and includes separately controlled red, green and blue (RGB) sources. This allows you to teach the technology of color with powerful lessons that apply to many technologies such as LCD screens, digital cameras, video, and fiber optic communications.
- Studying image formation using lenses
- Investigating color mixing
- Exploring how color is produced digitally
- Modeling how the human eye uses cone cells to perceives color
- Demonstrating fiber optic communication
- Long lasting, rechargeable battery
- Four controllable outer LEDs and a controllable inner RGB LED
- Control the intensity of the LEDs wirelessly using PASCO software.
- Wireless data collection to computers, Chromebooks™, or tablets.
Battery & Logging
|Stored Data Points Memory (Logging) 1||Not Supported|
|Battery – Connected (Data Collection Mode) 2||Not Tested|
|Battery – Logging (Data Logging Mode) 3||Not Supported|
1 Minimum # of data points with all measurements enabled, actual results depend on enabled measurements.
2 Continuous use in a connected state until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
3 Logging until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
* Normal classroom use is the sensor in active use for 20min/lab for 120 lab periods/yr.
|Micro USB Cable||PS-3584|
- 1x Wireless Light Source