In this experiment designed for use with PASCO Capstone software, students use this collection of equipment to discover or experimentally determine the first of Newton’s Laws.
- Newton’s First Law: Students examine an object’s motion to see if it changes when forces are applied or not.
- Newton’s Second Law: Students use the Smart Cart to discover the relationships between force, mass and acceleration
- Newton’s Third Law: Using the force sensors from two Smart Carts, students prove that forces between objects are equal in magnitude yet opposite in direction. These experiments include both tug-of-war exercises and collisions between cars.
The Smart Cart has all the sensors required, making setup very quick and easy. The integration between the probeware and equipment helps students focus on the physics of each experiment.
- Smart Cart (Red) (ME-1240)
- Smart Cart (Blue) (ME-1241)
- PAScar Cart Mass (set of 2) (ME-6757A)
- Dynamics Track Feet (Pair) (ME-8972)
- Mass and Hanger Set (ME-8979)
- Elastic Bumper (ME-8998)
- Super Pulley with Clamp (ME-9448B)
- 1.2 m Aluminum Dynamics Track (ME-9493)
- Friction Block — IDS (ME-9807)
- Braided Physics String (SE-8050)