Extend your students’ world into the infrared with this full-featured, pocket-sized thermal camera. The FLIR infrared camera takes two pictures at once: One in the visible spectrum and one in the infrared. An outline of the visible image is superimposed on the colorized infrared picture for reference. In addition to the color temperature scale there is a digital readout of the temperature. All of this is offered at a special educator’s price.
And when used with PASCO Capstone you can record infrared movies as well as taking infrared photos. The color coding on the images can even be used to determine temperatures.
The FLIR camera has a 2-year warranty on parts and labor and a 10-year warranty on the detector.
Consider these activities:
- Check light transmission through different media: Visible light easily passes through acrylic; IR doesn’t. Visible light is not readily transmitted through black balloons, but they are transparent in the IR, as are silicon wafers, black plastic garbage bags…
- Slide a block on the table. We always tell our students that the energy is dissipated as heat. Show them!
- Look at your infrared reflection in a white board.
- Record infrared video in PASCO Capstone and sync to data from thermal experiments
- Take off your shoes and follow your footsteps by looking at your infrared footprints.
- Evaluate different types of insulation.
- Measure the temperature of ice water.
- And much more!
- Light, slim profile
- Bright, 3″ touchscreen
- Built-in LED spotlight
- Big snapshot button stores thermal, visible and visible overlay as jpgs
- Easy-access on-off button powers up fast
- USB Micro-B file transfer and data streaming
- Visible Camera
- Thermal Camera
- FLIR C2 thermal imaging camera