The Smart Cart is a low-friction dynamics cart with onboard wireless sensors that measure position, velocity, acceleration, force, and rotation. It connects to your devices using Bluetooth® Low Energy wireless technology. It includes a magnetic bumper, force hook, rubber bumper, and USB charging cable.
Lab Activities & Experiments
- Experiment: Average & Instantaneous Velocity & Speed 583.75 KB
- Experiment: Centripetal Acceleration & Force 462.56 KB
- Experiment: Hooke’s Law 319.93 KB
- Experiment: Impulse Demonstration 226.11 KB
- Experiment: Newton’s Second Law Demonstration 180.02 KB
- Experiment: Static & Kinetic Friction 543.98 KB
- Experiment: The Differences Between Velocity & Acceleration 452.53 KB
- Experiment: Work-Energy Theorem 438.72 KB
- Lab: Average = Speed & Velocity 107.80 KB
- Lab: Conservation of Energy 182.41 KB
- Lab: Conservation of Momentum 171.35 KB
- Lab: Graphical Analysis Motion 118.65 KB
- Lab: Momentum & Explosions 112.21 KB
- Lab: Momentum & Impulse 104.61 KB
- Lab: Speed & Velocity Graphs 101.01 KB
- Lab: Work & Kinetic Energy 158.68 KB
The Smart Cart is the ultimate tool for studying kinematics, dynamics and more. It is based on a durable ABS body with nearly frictionless wheels just like our high-quality PAScars. But now we’ve added built-in sensors that measure force, position, velocity, and 6 degrees of freedom in acceleration. The Smart Cart can make these measurements on or off a dynamics track and transmit the data wirelessly over Bluetooth®.
The most advanced physics cart ever created and all without the hassle and restrictions of cables. Best of all, the Smart Cart represents a huge cost savings over having to purchase all the components (cart, several sensors, an interface) separately.
Smart Ballistic Accessory!
The Smart Ballistic Accessory mounts to the Smart Cart for a classic demonstration on the independence of X and Y motion. Connects to the Smart Cart accessory port. Control the launching conditions based on measurements made by the Smart Cart in either SPARKvue or PASCO Capstone software.
Smart Cart Vector Display!
The Smart Cart Vector Display adds visual vectors to your Smart Cart for Force, Acceleration, or Velocity. Connect to the Smart Cart’s accessory port to Visualize vectors in real-time! Arrows light up proportional to the sensor reading showing either positive or negative direction and magnitude.
Smart Fan Accessory
The Smart Fan Accessory works with all PASCO Dynamic Carts but adds new features and functionality when connected to a Smart Cart. Use PASCO Capstone software to wirelessly adjust the level of thrust, set start/stop conditions, or use calculations for precise control of the fan.
Smart Cart Rod Clamp
Mount on your Smart Cart and use it as a mounted force sensor.
Smart Cart Charging Garage Accessory
Keep your Smart Carts charged in the lab. Holds up to five Smart Carts and accessories.
- Built-in ±100N force sensor
- 3-axis accelerometer
- A Built-in wheel encoder
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- Rechargeable battery
- Magnetic bumper for force sensor
- 3-position plunger
- Mass tray
- Velcro® tabs
- Force sensor hook and rubber bumper
- Acceleration on an incline (determining g)
- Newton’s Laws
- Conservation of Momentum
- Elastic & Inelastic Collisions
- Conservation of Energy
- Simple Harmonic Oscillators (using the spring set)
- Magnetic damping (using the Magnetic Damping Bumper)
- And much more!
- 1x Hook
- 1x Rubber bumper
- 1x Magnetic bumper
- 1x USB cable for charging
|Force Range||±100 N|
|Force Resolution||0.1 N|
|Force Maximum Sampling Rate||2 kHz|
|Position Resolution||±0.2 mm|
|Max Velocity||±3 m/s|
|Velocity Max Sample Rate||500 Hz|
|Acceleration Range||±16 g|
|Acceleration Max Sample Rate||500 samples/second|
|Maximum Rotational Velocity Sampling Rate||500 samples/second|
|Maximum Measurable Rotation Rate (Gyro)||±245 deg/second|
|Max Wireless Range||30 m (unobstructed)|
|Mass Without Accessories||245 g|
Battery and Logging
|Stored Data Points Memory (Logging) 1||Not Supported|
|Battery – Connected (Data Collection Mode) 2||>7 hr|
|Battery – Logging (Data Logging Mode) 3||Not Supported|
1 Minimum # of data points with all measurements enabled, actual results depend on enabled measurements.
2 Continuous use in a connected state until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
3 Logging until battery failure, actual results will depend on sample rate, active measurements, and battery condition.
* Normal classroom use is the sensor in active use for 20min/lab for 120 lab periods/yr.