Because the PAScar’s body and plunger are made of polycarbonate plastic, these carts have a mass of just 250 grams. Each cart includes both a spring plunger, magnets and Velcro tabs for collision studies. The PAScars come in a set of two, one each of red and blue, and are compatible with all PASCO Dynamics Tracks and accessories.
PASCO Dynamics Carts Share Two Important Features:
- Low Friction: Ball bearing, knife-edge wheels mean student data more closely matches theory
- Spring-Loaded Suspension: Wheels retract into the body, so they are protected from drops or “skateboarding.”
- Three-position Plunger: Provides reproducible impulses and explosions
- Three Mounting Holes: For accessories
- Polycarbonate Body: Total mass: 250 g
- Mass Tray: Add mass to easily double or triple car mass
- Magnets: Installed on one end for elastic collisions
- Velcro Tabs: For inelastic collisions
- 1x Red PAScar
- 1x Blue PAScar
Perform the following experiments and more with the PAScar (Set of 2).
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
- Measuring the Spring Constant
- Average versus Instantaneous Velocities
- Kinetic Friction and Energy Conservation
- Newton’s Second Law