The Basic Optics Light Source is an excellent source for a variety of optics experiments. A single 10-watt quartz-halogen bulb provides bright, easy-to-see illumination without a lot of heat. By turning the box to a different side, it becomes a:
- Crossed Arrow Object with Metric Scale: ideal for showing images, focal point, and magnification.
- Bright Point Source: The very small filament of the halogen bulb provides an excellent point source for experimenting with shadows or the Inverse Square Law. .
- Three Primary Colors Source: The red, green, and blue filters provide three rays of light that are easily combined with a lens for color mixing. .
- One,Three, or Five Ray Source: Just rotate the knob in front of the light source to vary the number of rays produced.
- 1x Universal AC Adapter
- 1x Spare Bulb (stored under access cover)
Experiments that can be performed with this include Spherical Mirror Reflection, Snell’s Law and Focal Length of a Convergent Lens.
|Basic Optics Light Source Manual||English||539.83 KB|