The 1.2 m optics bench is the perfect length for studying the inverse square law, diffraction/interference patterns, and the behavior of light traveling through lenses or off of curved mirrors. It is made of extruded aluminum and has a wide central channel for PASCO optics components, such as mounted lenses, mirrors, and light boxes.
- Rugged aluminum construction
- Built in metric tape
- Wide central channel in which PASCO’s Basic Optics components, such as mounted lenses, can easily snap
- T-slots on the sides and center of the bench for components with a square bolt and thumb screw, such as the Optics Bench Rod Clamp.
- Investigate the behavior of light traveling through lenses and reflecting from curved mirrors
- Conduct diffraction/interference experiments
- Explore the inverse-square law