The Physics Extension Lab Station includes five wireless sensors that complement the set of sensors found in the Physics Starter Lab Station (EP-3579). Together, the sensors from the Physics Starter and Extension Lab Stations comprise the sensors to perform all 20 lab investigations inside the Essential Physics: Additional Labs manual, plus many of the lab activities found in PASCO’s Advanced Physics 1 Lab Manual and Advanced Physics 2 Lab Manual. A storage slot for each sensor in the Physics Extension Lab Station is available in the Gratnells storage tray that comes with the Physics Starter Lab Station.
Components of the Extension Lab Station
Wireless Sensors: PASCO’s rugged, low-cost wireless sensors connect directly to computers, Chromebooks, tablets, and mobile devices to allow students to quickly collect data, leaving more time for analyzing and interpreting data. This lab station includes:
1x Wireless Acceleration Altimeter Sensor (PS-3223)
1x Wireless 3-Axis Magnetic Field Sensor (PS-3221)
1x Wireless Rotary Motion Sensor (PS-3220)
1x Wireless Sound Sensor (PS-3212)
1x Wireless Smart Gate (PS-3225)
Digital Access to Lab Activities: Included with the extension lab station is digital access to:
PASCO’s Essential Physics: Additional Labs manual. This lab manual includes 20 labs that cover topics in kinematics, dynamics, circular motion, rotational dynamics, waves and sound, and electricity and magnetism. Each lab activity includes editable student handouts and various teacher resources including answer keys and sample data.
PASCO’s Advanced Physics 1 Lab Manual – This lab manual covers the latest standards for College Board AP Physics 1.
PASCO’s Advanced Physics 2 Lab Manual – This lab manual covers the latest standards for College Board AP Physics 2.
Distance Learning Resources: 10 of the 20 labs found in the Essential Physics: Additional Labs manual also include digital resources to support distance learning for students working at home. Resources such as live video recordings of data collection and sample data files students can use to perform their own analyses.
The Essential Physics: Additional Labs manual includes 20 lab activities that integrate PASCO sensors and equipment for an engaging year of physics teaching. The combined Physics Starter Lab Station (EP-3579) and Physics Extension Lab Station (EP-3580) comprise the sensors used to perform all 20 labs, plus many of the lab activities found in PASCO’s Advanced Physics 1 Lab Manual and Advanced Physics 2 Lab Manual.
Starter Lab Station (EP-3579)
- Position, Distance, and Displacement*
- Newton’s 2nd Law*
- Coefficients of Friction
- Momentum and Impulse*
- Work and Kinetic Energy*
- Ohm’s Law*
- DC Circuits*
- RC Circuits*
- Fruit Battery
Extension Lab Station (EP-3580)
- Crash Cushions*
- Atwood’s Machine
- Centripetal Acceleration
- Rotational Dynamics*
- Conservation of Angular Momentum
- Simple Pendulum
- Properties of Sound Waves
- Measuring the Speed of Sound with an Echo*
- Decoding DTMF Tones
- Magnetic Field Strength
- Magnetic Field of a Permanent Magnet
- Blockly Extension: Acoustic Stopwatch
*Part of the 10 printed sample student handouts inside the Essential Physics Starter Lab Station
Blockly Investigations and Activities– These investigations and activities integrate Blocky coding and the Blocky coding environment embedded within PASCO’s Capstone and SPARKvue software.
- Record data wirelessly without the hassle of tangled cables
- Includes digital access to a wide range of lab activities
- Includes video and other lab resources for at-home and distance learning lab activities
- Wireless Acceleration/Altimeter (PS-3223)
- Wireless Magnetic Field Sensor (PS-3221)
- Wireless Rotary Motion Sensor (PS-3220)
- Wireless Current Sensor (PS-3212)
- Wireless Smart Gate (PS-3225)
- Digital Access to PASCO’s Essential Physics (Additional Labs) Manual
- Digital Access to PASCO’s Advanced Physics 1 Lab Manual (PS-3812)
- Digital Access to PASCO’s Advanced Physics 2 Lab Manual (PS-3815)