The PASPORT Voltage-Current Sensor combines voltage and current sensors in one case. It can simultaneously measure voltage, current, and power, then display the collected data in the form of a digital display or graph. An audible beep can be heard when overload protection shuts down the sensor, alerting teachers and keeping students safe. The sensor will automatically reset after the high current is removed.
- Differential input enables students to measure voltage or current anywhere in the circuit, so there’s no need to worry about which point is at ground.
- Range: ±10V and ±1A ranges enable it to work with a variety of battery electronic configurations and circuits.
- Study circuit properties for both circuits in series and parallel
- Ohm’s Law
- Measure power used by an electrical device
- Indirectly measure the resistance of any circuit element
- Measure the voltage and current associated with RC and LRC circuits
Perform the following experiments and more with the PASPORT Voltage-Current Sensor.
Visit PASCO’s Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
- 2x 4.0 mm Banana plug patch cord, red
- 3x Alligator clip adapters, red
- 1x Alligator clip adapters, black
|Voltage Range||±10 V|
|Voltage Resolution||0.005 V|
|Current Range||±1 A|
|Current Resolution||0.5 mA|
|Current Channel Series Resistance||0.6 ohms, < 0.9 ohms at room temperature|
|Maximum Common-Mode Voltage||10 V|
|Maximum Sample Rate||1000 samples/sec|
|Voltage Input Impedance||2 MΩ|
Educational voltage and current sensors don’t have to look serious to have seriously powerful capabilities. We provide user-friendly voltage and current sensors that generate live data to improve students’ contextual understanding of electrical concepts. This page provides a comparison chart of our offerings to help you make an informed purchase.