Our Visual Accelerometer is a major advance in teaching the concept of acceleration. It shows the acceleration of a dynamics cart, a free-falling body, an auto … anything you attach it to. Ten high-intensity wide-angle LEDs indicate the magnitude and direction of acceleration for more effective learning. Our Visual Accelerometer is also a PASPORT sensor. Connect it to any PASPORT interface and graph acceleration real-time or datalog it for later download.
- Three ranges cover activities from elevator acceleration to freefall to a sharp turn in a car.
- Autoscale and peak-hold for maximum sensitivity and accelerations too quick for the eye to see.
- The zero (tare) button negates the effect of sensor orientation.
- Measure acceleration during simple harmonic motion
- Measure acceleration due to gravity
- Discover the acceleration of an elevator
- Measure acceleration of a pendulum
- The auto scale sets the full-scale range to the last measurement.
- Peak hold stores highest reading.
- Case has ties for pendulum motion and a pass-through so the sensor can be thrown vertically along a rope.
- Plastic M5 screws for attachment to a dynamics cart (2)
- PASPORT Sensor Extension Cable
- 3 AA batteries
|Three Manual Scales||1 m/s2, 5 m/s2, 20 m/s2 full scale|
|Requires three AA batteries||for stand-alone operation (included)|
|Auto-off||after three hours|
|Ranges||±1.0 m/s2, ±5.0 m/s2, ±20 m/s2|
|Max Sample Rate||100 Hz|